Just some of the topics I have planned for the Intelligent Project Management MasterClass. Some of these may end up merged into a single MasterClass, whilst some may end up being spread over multiple classes.
- Starting at the beginning: what is project management?
- The end game: what do we want PM to look like?
- What would project management look like if it was easy? – this is the question I asked that ended up with PBPL.
- The principles of project leadership
- What’s the most important skill for a PM?
- What “must have” information are most projects really bad at
- Communication is important – but communicate what? And how?
- Teamwork: so misunderstood and so badly done
- Project Control: what is it really all about?
- Outcomes are Everything
- Your customer is not your friend
- How to herd cats
- What is a Self-Organizing Team and why is it important
- There’s a reason some things don’t get done: they are hard
- Why do projects fail? Because we make them fail
- Accountability Failure: most companies most successful product
- How much time do I spend managing entropy and why?
- Project Management is Non-Linear, Our tools are not
- How to Focus on the Wrong Thing
- Project Asshole Behaviour and its impact
- How we engage with time in our projects
- Escalation: the mis-used and the misunderstood
- Project Management Iconoclasm – some useless paradigms to ditch
- How do you manage a Self-Organising team
- How do I know when I have enough understanding of what the customer wants?
- Deliverables managment: the most under-utilised silver bullet ever
- #NoEstimates is really about #NoAssumptions
- The problem with methodologies
- Dealing with the failures of management and your organisation
- How to build perfect-pitch for vendor BS?
- Principles for a No Asshole Project Team
- The Project Action Principles that I use
- Answers are Easy; Questions are Hard – What are the right questions for your project?
- Perspectives on Agile implementation in the enterprise – how to make it work for you
- Tools & Techniques or Hacks?
- Are the Risk Management activities on your project a WOFTAM?
- Methodologies and the Peter Principle
- Is Agile Dead? Who cares? it makes no difference for your project!
- What can Project Managers learn from the medical profession?
- Project Management Hacks (many sessions worth)
- Managing complexity with simplicity
- How not to accelerate a Project
- Agile Systems Integration
- Why you can’t spend too much time on Stakeholder Management, but you don’t have to
- … and more to come
Currently the plan is to work through the topics above sequentially. This may change as the workshops are planned and delivered, however the following schedule is a guide and is subject to change.
|1||15/06/2016||Starting at the beginning||what is project management?
How does it work?
|2||22/06/2016||The end game||what do we want PM to look like?|
|3||29/06/2016||What would project management look like if it was easy?||this is the question I asked that ended up with PBPL
what are the problems that we face as PM’s
how do we deal with them
|4||6/07/2016||Value-driven Actions||how do you manage something as complicated as project management based on just a few principles?|
|5||13/07/2016||Outcomes are Everything||the first principle of project management is about achieving actions|
|6||20/07/2016||Your customer is not your friend||the second principle of project management is that you need to have a real live ‘paying’ customer|
|7||27/07/2016||How to herd cats||the third principle of project management is that you need to ensure that the cats all head in the right direction|
|8||3/08/2016||What exactly is a Self-Organising Team?||the fourth principle of project management is that the ‘cats’ need to work as a real team.|
|9||10/08/2016||How much time do I spend managing entropy and why?||the fifth principle of project management is that you need to focus on positive means of shaping entropy, not negative|
|10||17/08/2016||The impacts of time on projects||what is the “Gradient of Terror”|
Yes, I love these topics and I want to sign up now.
I need to see the full product description
Got Another Questoin
I need to ask a question that isn’t covered anywhere.